Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t find the answer to your question please contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Can they start within 24 hours?
Yes! Macarthur Care can start providing care within 24 hours of being contacted.
Are nurses and care workers available 24/7
Yes! Macarthur Care offers 24/7 support to our clients. We provide support around the clock to ensure you are comfortable within your own home and assistance is provided when required.
I don't have a DVA card, can I still access services?
Yes, absolutely! Private Home Care Services are a good alternative for when you don’t have, are waiting for, or can’t access a Government funded Home Care Package.
Private home care services are user-pays services. These services are not subsidised by the Government and do not require an Aged Care Assessment (ACAT) to be accessed.
Why do people use private home care services?
private services are used for a wide range of reasons, the most common ones are to provide interim care while you’re waiting for a Home Care Package or to provide short-term relief when you’re recovering from illness or injury.
Private services can be used to help when:
- You’re returning home after a hospital visit and need urgent support
- You’ve suffered an injury or been unwell and need help recovering and getting back on your feet
- You need short-term care, perhaps while your usual carer is away, and don’t want to go into residential care yet
- You’re waiting for your Home Care Package but need help urgently
- You have a Home Care Package but need to top-up your services a little
- You’re not eligible, or choose not to access funded home care services.
Because there’s no assessment or funding from the Government, there’s also no waiting period for privately-paid home care services. You can access support whenever you need it.
Is there phone support 7 days per week?
Yes! we offer over the phone support 24/7.
Will I get the same carer(s) each week?
Yes! you will have the same carers each week who will support you within your home.
Do they offer clinical assessments?
Macarthur Care has Registered Nurses who will provide a full comprehensive nursing assessment that includes a full clinical assessment.
Can the nurse visit at a time that is convenient to myself and my family?
Yes! We are happy to accommodate for anytime that is suitable for you and your family.